Wednesday, January 28, 2009

BIG improvement!

Chao Khon really impressed me today. I had left a Big Book 'Chicken Rice' on the easel and some of the children were happily flipping through the book and reading it aloud. The kids were supposed to be queuing up to see me individually so that I could check their written work. Then I heard Chao Khon read! He could read ALL the words in the book. Imagine my (pleasant) surprise! Chao Khon is in the Learning Support Programme and he could not read by Semester One last year. He hardly knew any words! He didn't do very well in Semester 2 either. But this month, he seemed to have changed totally! I praised him and asked him who helped him improve so much. He said he had been getting help from his elder sister. I was very touched 'cos I had told Chao Khon that he is a bright boy and he should try to do better in English by getting his sister's help during the December holidays and at home. I also reminded him during target-setting this year that he will do well if he works harder for English (Chao Khon is good at Math). I didn't really expect him to heed my advice 'cos it really requires self-discipline. I am so encouraged by his effort.

Generally, I feel that my class is moving faster this year. I really like my class and enjoy teaching them 'cos they are a responsive and helpful lot. Even though this is just the beginning of the year, I believe I will miss them when they graduate from my class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tis post no comment i help u write 1

Anonymous said...

pls la write something he got gd improvement u hv anot ar